Monday, January 7, 2013

Here’s to 2013!

I for one, (and I’m sure I’m not the only one), am happy for a new year. I’m glad 2012 is over. It was a very crazy year and one that marked a big shift in my life on many levels.

2013 is going to be a fresh start in many different aspects and areas of my life. Like so many others, this year I’ve embraced a word. A word I feel encompasses a lot of what I want to bring into my life this year. I wasn’t looking for my word, at least not actively. But when it popped in my head, it felt right from head to toe.  It was probably a few hours later when a pretty little lady popped into my head and a little whisper that said “Paint me”. Eventually, was my response. There was the mundane things to do, I had to get a workout in and laundry to be done, among other mundane tasks.

It didn’t take long for that little whisper to become a full on scream! Ok. I can take a hint.

I never expected “Shine” to be my word. But the more I look at the word, look at my finished painting, and say the word to myself, the more Shine just feels oh so right.

Shine

Acrylic on stretched 27 1/2 inch x 30 inch canvas

My shining lady was in control from the moment I laid pencil to canvas. She needed to be infused with what I wanted to bring into my life, infused with all the positive and releasing all the negative. I took a lesson from Lifebook 2012 and used her hair to write out all that I wanted to change and invoke in my life. I admit it was empowering to do this step and just let go of the whole process.

002

Shine in progress

As I look upon my painting and take my word to heart, I think of all the aspects in my life that I am changing and shining in. I’ve gotten back on the wagon and started working out again and I feel amazing and have already lost 3 pounds (GO ME!). I feel as if I’ve finally embraced exercise and how it makes me feel connected with my body, something that was seriously lacking.

I’ve been doing a lot of soul searching as far as my art goes and where I want to go from here. I was blessed with 2 sales last year and am very thankful for that. I’ve been told by friends and family a like that I should do sell my work and crafts at art and craft fairs in the area. It’s been something that I’ve toyed with in the past off and on. So I’ve been doing a lot of soul searching with that. I’d love to be able to stay home and take care of my family and home and be able to financially contribute to our household by doing the thing I love most, creating. Because let’s face it, finances are tough for everyone. Even more so when you add in 2 hospital stays a week long each and all the expenses that goes right along with them that you are still trying to catch up on. I feel guilty that hubby is the one working and bringing home the bacon so to speak. It’s at the point where I either get a part time job, or start creating more to help contribute financially. True, it’s not going to be steady. But every little bit helps. There’s still a lot of soul searching going on in that area.

Shine at home on our family room wall as a constant reminder to shine in all that I do

2013 will be about shining for me. Shining in all that I work towards and do. Sure I’m going to drop the ball from time to time. But I am going to pick myself up, put a smile on my face and just keep on shining.

This year it’s time for me to SHINE!

blogsignature

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...