Sunday, September 18, 2011

Home is where the hearth is...

Peasant Woman by a Hearth


Serenity over at The Domestic Pagan blog is writing a back to basics series. I was intrigued when she first posted that she would be writing this series. I've tried for years to get our living space and house in order. It's very hard when you are living with 4 other adults very much set in their ways. And as much as I want to most days, I can't just wiggle my nose and make them do it.

I've been inspired to lead by example and to not get so overwhelmed, one room at a time. Because I refuse to end up like my mother and have storage tote after storage tote (we're down to 5 from 12 large ones) of craft supplies that I won't ever use and an attic full of goodness knows what (have I mentioned the garage is a disaster too? Honestly, how many coolers do you possibly need dad?)

So before my family ends up on an episode of hoarders or something, I'm making it my mission to have this house clutter free and organized before the snow flies. Because as Serenity posted,
"Clutter can have serious effects on you and your family's mental, physical, emotional, and spiritual health."

Here's to clearing the clutter of our home environment, minds, bodies, and spirits. I look forward to when the household energies are flowing freely.

Be sure to check out The Domestic Pagan's back to basics series!!


signature

1 comment:

  1. Hi there,

    Thanks to Anna’s great Practical Magic blog party website I know that you are taking part in the event. I have pondered how to participate and thought it would be neat to post anonymously people’s thoughts and/or secrets regarding the movie. Sites which inspired me are:

    Post Secret
    Walt Disney Confessions

    Those thoughts or secrets could e.g. be “I have already watched the movie 1,000 times,” “I wish I had a sister like Gilly,” “The aunts’ house is my dream house,” “I have dreamt about Jimmy” etc. Anything which comes to your mind when you think of “Practical Magic.”

    If you feel like helping me out, be sure to send me your thought/secret as soon as possible at swappinghowdies@yahoo.de. Of course, I handle each “confession” anonymously. And – please nothing x-rated!

    Greetings from Germany,
    Birgit

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...