Tuesday, March 1, 2011

WIP Tuesday ~ Sculpture!


The last few days I've been taking a break from the numerous drawings I have in various stages and working on a polymer clay figurine. It's going to be listed in my Etsy shop when she's finished. 

She's coming along. The head took me the longest to sculpt. I knew I wanted a sculpted head, but my fingers weren't working right lol. Took me 2 days to get the head to the point I was happy with it. I've been working on her a little every night since I started. I didn't get to work on her much last night because I was dealing with a migraine. I hope to work some more on her today after I make a new tote bag for swim lessons (our current one isn't big enough and it's falling apart).


There is a bit more work to be done on her, but I am looking forward to the point I can bake her.








signature

3 comments:

  1. She looks amazing so far! What all to you use to sculpt with, and how do you bake them exactly? We did clay work in high school but we used a kiln...I think this is different clay though. I would love to try sculpting things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I've used Sculpy III in the past, but this time I'm trying Fimo Soft. You just bake the polymer clay in an oven (I use a toaster oven that I use specifically for crafting) according to the instructions on the packaging. You can find it in the craft stores. I'd love to use real clay and fire it in a kiln, I miss working with actual clay lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will have to keep an eye out next time I'm able to get to Michael's (course that means a little travel since we din't have one here) to look for it, I hope they carry it. It looks like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...