Monday, April 6, 2009

My first poppet

Well I am an avide fan of Craftster.org and one of the threads there I fell in love with when I first saw them. Pretty Poppet-Along (actually titled "The Long Awaited Poppet-Along") is a wonderful thread to see how different each one of them is.

When I first saw them, I just had to get involved and make my own. I made one for my cousin's little girl for Christmas. Instead of using Alova Suede, which I can't wait to use, I used a nice neutral knit. Being that this was my first poppet, I think it turned out rather well.

I call her Poppet, for lack of a better name. But I'm sure she has a proper name now. Her hair is Lion Brand Homespun yarn and is a multiple shade of blue, turquoise, and lavender. The dress is a modified poppet dress that Ghilie (the creator of the poppet pattern/poppet dress) created. It was made out of some scrap material that I had in my large stash that I had accumilated (some of which was given to me by my mom and others that were left over from my other random projects).

The top of the dress has a tiny green flower pattern and the skirt of the dress was made from a white guazey material.

Overall I am pleased with how it turned out for it being my first poppet. There are some things I would have changed. The nose would be a bit more pronounced and maybe not so lumpy when it comes to the stuffing of the legs and arms.

I wish I had a better camera and the pictures didn't look so washed out because the colors are soo much more vivid in person. Oh well..on to the pictures :)





I look forward to making more of these as soon as the remodeling downstairs is finished and all my crafting supplies are out of storage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...