Tuesday, March 3, 2009

New tablet and woes

I love drawing programs. I have quite a few of them on both the laptop and the desktop computers. My trouble is, the mouse just isn't the same as a good holding something in your hand and physically using it to create something worth while. Give me a good pencil, pen or paintbrush any day.

I've talked about wanting a tablet for the computer for quite some time now. Every now and then I would do a search to see what kinds were out there and to see what one I would pick if I had the money to do so. Well, the hubby surprised me.

UPS dropped off a package today and inside was a tablet!! YAY!! It's a Genius MousePen 8x6 tablet from newegg.com . When I saw that it came with trial versions of some software, I had the tablet drivers installs asap. Corel Paint X is so far one of my favorite programs that I have.

Unfortunately, it's only a 30 day trial and it costs $100.00+ for a full liscensed copy. The copy of Adobe's photoshop costs $1000.00!!

What is it with the really good software costing so much? I'd have to sell a kidney on the black market just to pay for one!! And it's not like I can afford to go out and buy a copy. Hubby's still without a job and graduates in 11 days from ITT Tech .

So I guess I have to savor my 30 days with my Corel and cry when my 30 days is up. Makes me wish I had my craft and art supplies here so that I can start creating something to sell instead of it all being in storage...once again..

I am sad...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...