Friday, May 16, 2008

Polymer Clay Mask Series

Another project that I and currently working on is a clay mask series. I've decided that I'm going to make masks representing the 4 elements (Earth, Air, Water, Fire) as well as Spirit. Each one is going to have different embellishments that I feel represent that particular element.

I've finished Earth Spirit and am very happy with how it turned out, considering it's my first actual facial sculpture (realistic looking facial features is not my strong area). And I've created my next form which I feel is going to be water. I can't wait to get started on that one, should be fun. I picked up some fun fibers which remind me of water. Maybe I'll get to work on it some while the kiddo naps today.

Anywhoos.. here's Earth Spirit (looks kind of at home on the laptop in front of my large living room windows lol).


Earth Spirit
polymer clay, silk leaves, natural raffia, wooden beads, pinecones, dried flowers, acrylic paint




Here's one of it hanging on our wall. The lighting in my apartment kind of sucks for taking pictures of artwork, but oh well you get the idea of it.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...