Sunday, November 11, 2012

AEDM Day 11 ~ A gift for my niece

Lately I’ve been doing more coughing and sneezing than art of any kind (I will be so glad when this cold is gone). This weekend was a flurry of activity with a soccer game and a hockey game in the same day.

But I have managed to start something for my best friend’s daughter. To her kids, I am Aunt Karebear and that’s how it’s always going to be. My “niece” and I share a middle name and a love for faeries and art. She is my little artsy mini pixie with the bright red hair and I love her to pieces. So for her birthday this year, I thought it’d be fun to make her an Aunt Karebear original, a fun funky faery with pigtails.

It’s not finished obviously. Tomorrow I hope to get the watercolor down and start on the paper flowers I’ll be adding to it. I look forward to seeing the look on my niece’s face when she opens up her present!

Happy Crafting!

kmichelesignature

 

 

 

1 comment:

  1. Your drawing for your niece is wonderful and I'll bet she will love it! I also love your "poppet" in your last post and the way you did her hair!
    Also, thank you for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...