Tuesday, August 7, 2012

The vacation that wasn’t…

So I officially returned home yesterday afternoon. Vacation turned out to be a bit more than a vacation really. Last Tuesday afternoon started with a call to my OB/GYN and resulted in an afternoon visit with an “ugly” sonogram, and ended that evening with me being omitted to the hospital, a second “ugly” sonogram (that’s exactly the term the sonogram technicians used) and being scheduled for surgery late Tuesday.

My vacation ended before it even began really. I had an ectopic pregnancy that had ruptured the left tube where it was. Luckily there was a fatty piece of tissue that had acted as a compress or it could have been much worse.

Today is a day of rescheduling appointments that were supposed to happen this week, curling up with a kitty on my lap, and taking a few naps. Now we start the long process of healing…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...