Tuesday, October 25, 2011

WIP Tuesday ~ Swirls!

I finished covering my cabinet doors yesterday evening before running off to Target to take advantage of their curtain sale for our closet (yeah I finally got sick of looking at it).

Today I have been getting my swirl on, literally. For Whimsical Workspace over at Willowing.com, this week is about artwork for our spaces. I originally thought to make some smaller artwork. I guess my ambition and my creative side bested my logical side (if you ask my hubby that’s not hard to do).

I’ve been drawing my swirls since high school, on notebooks, book covers, my guitar case, but this is the first time I’ve drawn them on such a large piece.

I am starting to wonder what had come over me to take on such an ambitious art project. But so far it’s looking pretty cool. I wish I was further along, but I find taking frequent breaks keeps my hand from cramping up on me and my eyes from going all buggy! HA! I can honestly say I will probably keep Sharpie in business single handed.

I am no where near done. This is just what I accomplished today. All 4 doors took 1 roll of contact paper. Which leaves me a whole roll left to change it out if I so choose to do so. Not anytime soon after all this work that’s for sure!

What are you working on this week??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...