Saturday, July 3, 2010

I have a headache...


I literally have a headache right now. We have a system in place to help the kid clean his room and to keep it organized. All his little trucks and cars go into a bin that sits on a bookshelf, leaving his toy box for the larger toys. All the bins in his room are labels with pictures showing what toy goes into what bin. At night before climbing into bed for his story, he picks up all his toys. And for a few months it worked great! His room was neat and clean with everything in it's place.
He knows he needs to clean his room, he'll tell you exactly how he's going to clean it too. And then the excuses start and the stalling kicks in. There was a spider in his bedroom and when Chris took it outside to release it, the kid took it on himself that it was the perfect opportunity to join my parents and sister next door at the neighbors cook out. No word and no asking if he could go over, he just went. Needless to say, he's back in his bedroom.
I swear since preschool let out for the summer, it's been one constant battle after another. And the lying! Oh my goodness it's been driving me insane. It's a constant battle with lying. And I have no idea where the heck he picked it up! We don't do it in the house and he hasn't gone any where that would give him the opportunity to pick it up. How the heck do you teach a 5 year old that lying is bad? And how the heck do we stop him from lying? 

Right now I'm at my wits end. He is definitely the perfect blend of his father and myself...stubborn as a mule! I think the next kid we have, we cut back a little on the stubbornness. One kid being stubborn is enough.

I think I'm going to go for a walk or something to clear my head.

~K.Michele

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...