You might remember my earlier post about the work I was doing to craft a main altar. Ok it was much earlier, like February. But in case you forgot here is the original post.
My main altar sat in that state for months. Between being distracted by life and craft swaps, it sat and sat and sat until last night when I decided enough was enough.
I pulled out some background papers that I collected while looking for clip art one day, some parchment paper, glue and set to work tearing and gluing. It was rather relaxing actually and went much faster than I had expected.
I let the glue dry over night and grabbed my trusty E6000 glue and my little circle mirrors and made quick work of gluing them down. The pattern is completely random. It's a mix of 3/4 inch, 1/2 inch, 1 1/2 inch, and 2 inch mirrors.
I love how the mirrors reflect candle light, just how I planned. Scary how things sometimes work like you planned lol.
I don't feel it's finished yet. I will be adding some finishing touches like to the inside edge to clean it up. I'm not sure if I want to add more mirrors in the inside or leave it as is. But it is in working function now and I love how it's turning out.