Tuesday, December 22, 2009

More holiday crafting..

As my holiday crafting draws to a close, the ideas that I've had on the back burner keep resurfacing. So on top of another 2 batches of cookies (yes my family has sucked them all down that fast), I was able to finish a few of the crafts that needed to be finished so that I could wrap them all.

My son has a tough time falling asleep in the car on long car trips. He just can't seem to get comfortable enough to take a nap even when he really could use one. I picked this pattern up the same time I did the chullo one.

The directions weren't nearly as clear as the hat instructions, but it's to be expected with patterns made by 2 different companies. It also would have been nice if the pattern pieces and instructions matched up. The tail piece said cut 1, the instructions said cut 2. But all in all, I think it turned out rather cute. I hope it helps my son get comfy when it comes to car trips. We'll test it this weekend when we head north again.

His bunny before being stuffed.

And this is his camo bunny after all stuffed and stitched up. He turned out rather well in spite of the directions lol.

That wasn't all. I made myself something that I've been meaning to make for a while now. A pin cushion!

I used a small votive holder I have had laying around forever, some glass beads, sand and some left over felt from my chullo. About 5 minutes later, I had something cute to keep on my craft table along with my sewing machine. I even took extra pictures to put together a tutorial for it later.

Now it's on to wrapping presents.

Happy Crafting!
~K. Michele

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...