Friday, September 4, 2009

AAH! Ok, I'm good now...

Ugh..right now I am taking a break from packing up the chaos that was called my bedroom so that I can finally get the walls sanded, painted and the flooring put down. It's been one daunting task after another and right about now I just want to throw my hands up and say "enough". In all honesty, I have no problem with home improvement projects. In fact I actually enjoy them. It's when I am the only one working on them, that I start to get frustrated.

Here's the situation I have to deal with. I'm not sure if I touched a bit on this or not. Chances are I haven't lol. We had been talking with my parents about moving back in with them after our lease at our then apartment was up. Us moving back in would help them out a lot, mom needing a knee replaced and dad not getting around as easily as he used to, with the upkeep of the house and yard. We would also help them pay down the mortgage and eventually the deed to the house would be turned over to myself and my husband.

Anyway, when the hubby lost his job in November '08, we started to make plans to move back into my parent's home early. Unemployment wasn't going to be enough to pay for the things we needed and rent. We spent December getting the room our son was going to be in, ready for him. That meant pulling down old, moldy drywall, insulating (there was NO insulation in any part of the basement which was to become our living space), and putting up new drywall. We moved in the beginning of January and had been slowly adjusting to living with my parents and my sister. There are 6 of us, 4 cats and 2 dogs living in this house. And at times, even the basement seems too close for comfort.

Well, the house needed to be updated to make it a bit more livable for all of us. Our house has been under constant renovation since December '08. Right now, the kitchen is just about done, the bathroom downstairs has been totally gutted and redone, my son's room has been painted and has new flooring, our room is waiting to be painted and have flooring, the downstairs living area is half new insulation and drywall while the other half waits till the bathroom is done to be insulated and drywalled.


My son, helping me paint his room

I have refinished all the new kitchen cabinets. I have sanded, primed and painted my son's room. I'm in the process of getting our room to the sand, prime and paint stage, on top of helping our plumber friend with all the bathroom plumbing and running to the hardware store for supplies (which half the time feels like 20 times in 10 minutes).

It's no wonder, half the time I feel like I am the only one working on any of this. Hubby pitches in when he can, with work keeping him at all hours and him being exhausted when he gets home. Not once has my sister helped with anything downstairs. When we took out the old carpet and put in hardwood floors, she helped. In fact it was mainly my sister and myself who put it in. But since most of the remodel has moved downstairs, there has been no help from her. Frustrating? Very. But I knew it was going to be like that because that's just the way she is.

I can not wait till this whole thing is done. I am tired of living out of boxes and having to run to storage when I need something. I'm tired of all the chaos. I have been trying to meditate more, not just to relax a bit, but for balance. Everything is just soo crazy. I like crazy but this is spastic crazy and it has me very irritable.

I can't wait till I get our stuff out of storage and I have my candles and herbs and incense. That's the one thing I miss the most right now. Not to mention my craft supplies and my art canvas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...