Friday, July 24, 2009

Finito!

I have officially finished the kitchen cabinets, the doors and the drawers. And what a welcomed feeling it is. Now I can officially relax this next week when we are camping because it won't be on my mind and I won't have to finish them when we come home. I can turn my attention to another project, like priming and painting our bedroom walls and laying the flooring. Or clearing out the rest of the downstairs so that we can finish pulling down the old drywall, insulating and putting up the new drywall. Or figuring out how I want the new bathroom to look.

I can honestly say that I will be welcoming the day we call this whole renovation project finished. On a plus side as well, I have been given the green light to craft during this whole thing. Just can't join in another craft swap till after this whole mess is finished. Understandable no sense of having added stress on top of my current stress lol.

Stopped into Jo-Anne Fabrics today to pick up a cross stitch that I can work on during the next week while we are at camp. It's a fairy and will go well in my craft space which I have decided will be a fairy garden theme. But a me garden theme, nothing too frilly or girly. Because, let's face it, I am far from girly!

Anyway, Jo-Annes' has their fall fabrics in and I picked up 2 yards of suede cloth for one of my next poppets. It's much softer feeling than the Alova suede cloth. I can't wait to use it. I will be starting on the 2 poppets that I have floating around in my head when we get back. I can't wait!! I will have a small collection growing by the time all these renovations are done. I'm excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...