Sunday, September 4, 2011

The butterfly that decided to stay...

Today was like any other weekend day, filled with some sort of project. Today's just happened to put us outside building a ramp for my dad. Hubby and I took a quick trip to grab another deck board to finish the ramp. We came home and there was a monarch butterfly hanging around. According to mom, it showed up shortly after we left and has been landing on her and dad randomly. 

Well I guess the little butterfly wanted to share the love because I was heading up the stairs to get a drink and it landed on my back.


And then it decided to fly off a bit, but it didn't go very far. It turned around and landed on dad's hat...

Mom's hand...


Hubby was able to stick a finger near her hand and pick the butterfly up. In order to finish the deck, I snagged my chance to hold a butterfly (which I've never done before). We were all amazed on how calm this butterfly was that allowed us to pass it around like it was an infant that we all wanted to hold.


And there the butterfly sat, for a very long time until I walked it to the butterfly bush in our back garden. I could have probably walked around the house a dozen times and it would have sat there. 

It was a very cool experience and totally worth being outside today (even if it was a bit humid).




signature

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...