Saturday, February 13, 2010

Imbolc Swap 2010

Another swap that just finished was the Imbolc Swap on Craftster. I had the opportunity to craft again for my wonderful friend who was my partner for the Yule Swap (which will be posted about later). And just like with the Yule Swap, we crafted for each other and family members.

Imbolc is one of the eight sabbats of the pagan year, usually celebrated February 1st. It is the midway point between Yule (Winter Solstice) and the Spring Equinox. It is the season of the Maiden as she prepares for growth and renewal. 


This is a group shot of everything I made for her (only thing missing was the birthday gift for her bf). 

 
I made a red and copper wand for her with a symbol of the Goddess on the back (her favorite color is red). And because her little girl is so incredibly cute and I knew that if mommy had a wand, she'd want one too. So I made her daughter's wand pink with a little fairy painted on the back. Both wands had ribbons attached to the ends of the wands and matching draw string bags.

 
A close up o f the backs of the wands.

The other side of the wands.

In our numerous conversations, she mentioned that her altar didn't have an altar cloth of any kind. Well, I couldn't let that continue on much longer.

It was a simple white cotton cloth that I used to make the cloth. Some yellow thread and a decorative stitch on my sewing machine and behold!!

 
A very pretty border that just reminds me of spring. I like how the cloth came out because it can be used for other Sabbats as well. 
I originally had the idea to make her a Goddess offering dish. When it was mentioned that she would like something more elemental. I added an elemental offering dish to the mix.


These were painted using 1" terra cotta pot bases, acrylic craft paint, and sealed to give them a bit of shine. Of course I had to pick up some extra for myself so I can make offering dishes at a later time.

 
 This is a USB thumb drive pouch that I made for her bf. He's a computer guy just like my hubby and it was my hubby's idea to make it. Of course now hubby wants one too.


Happy Crafting!
~K.Michele

1 comment:

  1. Every thing is SO great and I'm stealing the pictures for my own blog :P

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...